Women's Bible Studies
Most, or maybe all, of us struggle with spiritually unhealthy patterns in our lives or perhaps with an addiction of some sort. We are so easily lured and hooked by 'stuff', or our phones, or self-image, or food, or alcohol, or books, or work, or... Which leads to us wasting our days, lonely, in a meaningless haze of unfulfilling activities.
We invite you to join us in a different sort of pattern and addiction - to the joy of the Holy Spirit opening the truths of God's Word to us as we study it together.
During the school year, Tuesday is "Bible study day" at Peoples Church. Let's make that our first new pattern! Secondly, let's replace some of that wasted time each day with reading and studying and thinking and praying about that week's Bible passage.
We focused last summer on learning about our connectedness in Christ's body, and we want to continue growing in this area. Doing Bible study together offers an ongoing and practical way to build relationships within a community of believers who learn from each other and hold each other accountable.
We are praying that each woman at Peoples Church will consider joining us in Bible study, and that the Lord will transform us together into a people addicted to His Word and to the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives, for His glory.
We have one ongoing study, A Year in the Psalms, that will continue to end of 2023 - more on this below.
For the summer months we encourage women to participate in the Psalms study, get into the Word on your own or invite a few others and study together or do a book read/discussion while our teachers take a break.
A Year in the Psalms
Let’s go on a great adventure in 2023 and spend a year reading the Psalms! In this group, we are using a new study format, allowing for greater participation from the fulltime working woman to the retired granny and everyone in between. This is an ongoing study and women are welcome to join at anytime.
A reading plan is provided, and we meet once a month on the third Monday evening at 7:00 as well as the third Tuesday (childcare provided) morning at 9:30 to challenge each other and discuss what we are learning. This is a time to connect with GOD’s Word and with each other. Hopefully we will grow in both our praise and prayers as we delight in the Psalms together.
Let’s keep encouraging one another by spending consistent time in God’s Word through reading the Psalms every day of the year 2023. Connect with Anna J to be added to this group.
Bible Study Books
There are quite a few books available at the church left over from previous women’s studies. These are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and all books are being made available at a reduced price of $10 each. Some of the books come with a DVD that you may borrow. Here are the options:
- Be Rich: Ephesians by Warren Wiersbe
- Letting Go of Perfect by Amy Spiegel
- Loving God with All Your Mind by Elizabeth George – DVD available
- Adorned by Nancy DeMoss Wohlgemuth
- True Woman 101: Devine Design
- True Woman 201: Interior Design – DVD available
- The Bible in 90 Days – This is not a study but a Bible arranged to help you read through the whole Bible in 90 days. It’s a worthwhile challenge, and it can be done!
All of you have free access to RightNow Media if you wish, and they offer many great studies. If you need a new invitation for RightNow Media, contact Helena and she can get you set up. Here are some that we recommend for you.
- The Mingling of Souls by Matt Chandler. This marriage study on the Song of Solomon is 12 weeks long and is for married folks as well as the not-yet-married.
- How to Read Your Bible is a 6-session study, giving an overview of the Bible, the different types of books, etc., and teaches you how to intuitively study and apply the Word of God. Moms might want to consider doing this one with their tween and teen daughters.
- Get Out of Your Head is a study in Philippians by Jennie Allen and focuses on not letting our thoughts hold us captive, but controlling our thoughts and minds. Six sessions.
- Psalm 23 by Matt Chandler is a six session walk through this Psalm, and free downloadable handouts are included.
Email the church office or call 519-845-3386 if you have any questions.