Our Ministry of Women committee oversees the women's Bible studies, several women's events at the church through the year, and an occasional retreat. This ministry is dedicated to help and equip women to grow in their relationship with the Lord and with one another.
Bible Studies are normally held at the church throughout the week during most of the school year, and usually a summer study as well, but COVID-19 has been the cause of some changes.
There are currently no group studies happening at the church, although we plan to start up the two Bible studies outlined below as soon as restrictions lift.
2021 WINTER BIBLE STUDIES - Starting up as soon as restrictions lift.
Better: A Study of Hebrews
In this verse-by-verse study of the Book of Hebrews, Jen Wilkin explores how God "provided something better for us" in the person of Jesus Christ (Hebrews 11:40). Through stories of Old Testament heroes and practices, the author of Hebrews demonstrates how the new covenant is superior to the old and how Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of every promise. Explore familiar verses in context of the entire Bible, learning how to place your hope and faith in Christ alone.
The cost for the study guide is $12. Emily and Jenn will be co-leading this group, which will run for 10 weeks.
Childcare is being provided for newborns through 5 years old. When you register, please let us know the names and ages of any children you'll be bringing along on Tuesday mornings.
Isaiah - Be Comforted
Isaiah was God’s chosen prophet in a time of political unrest. He pleaded with the Israelites to turn from their sin and return to God in humble repentance so their nation could receive deliverance and restoration—a message we still need to hear today.
For anyone who thinks that comfort is equivalent to pity and that it is only priceless to those who need an emotional crutch, author Warren Wiersbe applies the words of the prophet Isaiah to prove that God's comfort is no such thing. The word comfort actually translates "to repent" in Hebrew; our English translation, however, adds another dimension to the word since it originated from two Latin words meaning "with strength." You’ll find that it is God’s comfort that brings you the peace, hope, and strength to weather life’s storms.
With definitions and insights like this, Warren Wiersbe continues to enliven the Scriptures as he weaves the words of Isaiah with historical explanations and thought-provoking questions for every chapter. The cost of the study guide is $10.
Anna will be leading this study on Tuesday evenings from 7:00-8:30.
Registration is required to help us order a sufficient supply of books and to ensure we keep within the allowed capacities.
In the meantime we encourage you to continue studying the Word and seeking the Lord, either on your own or online with friends. We have some books available at the church office and also have some recommendations for studies to work through or simply watch on RightNow Media. Read on for what's availalbe and recommended.
Bible Study Books
There are quite a few books available at the church left over from previous women’s studies. These are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and all books are being made available at a reduced price of $10 each. Some of the books come with a DVD that you may borrow. Here are the options:
- The Mingling of Souls by Matt Chandler (3) – Videos on RightNow Media (see below)
- Be Rich: Ephesians by Warren Wiersbe (5)
- Letting Go of Perfect by Amy Spiegel (3)
- Loving God with All Your Mind by Elizabeth George (3) – DVD available
- Adorned by Nancy DeMoss Wohlgemuth (10)
- True Woman 101: Devine Design (3)
- True Woman 201: Interior Design (4) – DVD available
- Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin – not a Bible study, but a great book (4)
- The Bible in 90 Days – not a study but a great tool to read through the whole Bible in 90 days. It’s a worthwhile challenge, but it can be done! (5)
All of you have free access to RightNow Media if you wish, and they offer many great studies. If you need a new invitation for RightNow Media, contact Helena and she can get you set up. Here are some that we recommend for you.
- The Mingling of Souls by Matt Chandler. This marriage study on the Song of Solomon is 12 weeks long and is for married folks as well as the not-yet-married. Corresponding books available from the church at $10.
- How to Read Your Bible is a 6-session study, giving an overview of the Bible, the different types of books, etc., and teaches you how to intuitively study and apply the Word of God. Moms might want to consider doing this one with their tween and teen daughters.
- Get Out of Your Head is a study in Philippians by Jennie Allen and focuses on not letting our thoughts hold us captive, but controlling our thoughts and minds. Six sessions.
- Psalm 23 by Matt Chandler is a six session walk through this Psalm, and free downloadable handouts are included.
Email the church office or call 519-845-3386 if you have any questions.