Our Ministry of Women committee oversees the women's Bible studies, several women's events at the church through the year, and an occasional retreat. This ministry is dedicated to help and equip women to grow in their relationship with the Lord and with one another.
Bible Studies are normally held at the church throughout the week during most of the school year, and usually a summer study as well, but COVID-19 has been the cause of some changes.
March 4, 2021 Update
Hello Women of Peoples Church,
We’ve been back and forth a few times now, telling you Bible studies will be online, then in-person, then do it on your own, etc. Well, we “met” with our Bible study teachers this week and have decided to put the in-person studies on hold, hoping to have one at the church in the summer.
In the meantime, we are providing you with two Bible study options. Anna will lead a weekly online study, as previously mentioned, via Zoom beginning March 16th, and Emily & Jenn will lead a self-directed study beginning April 6th. You are welcome to participate in one or both. Here are the details:
#1. Online Study: Grounded in God’s Word (Beginning March 16)
Are you weary of this lockdown? Do you yearn to be back at church? This COVID-induced lack of connection with our church family and friends is getting tiresome.
Even though digital connection is not one of our “favorite things”, it would be good to see and hear from each other, and I invite you to join me for a Zoom Bible study to do just that! Some of the topics of our study will be Redeeming the Time, Patience During COVID Times, Anxiety and Fear, the “One Thing that Is Needed”, etc. This will be an opportunity to encourage each other as we study GOD’s Word together until we can resume in-person meetings.
There is no cost; but have your Bible handy as well as pen and paper! Let us know if you wish to participate in this 6-8 week study by contacting the church office via email or phone call, then follow the Zoom link that will be sent to you to join the group. I hope to see you there! ~ Anna J.
#2. Genesis 12-50: God of Covenant (Beginning April 6)
Join Emily and Jenn as we work through Genesis 12-50 using Jen Wilkin's book, God of Covenant, as well as accompanying video teachings provided online. Walk alongside the fathers of our faith—Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph—to discern Jesus in the stories of His people, and discover how God orchestrates everything for His glory and the good of His people, and see how the God of creation and covenant is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Check it out at this link and register there to get access to the online videos.
This study will kick-off with a Zoom meeting on Tuesday, April 6 at 7:00 p.m. after which we, Jenn and Emily, will provide accountability and encouragement as you complete the lesson and watch the video on your own each week. Depending on the interest of the group, there may be a few Zoom meet-ups (with questions, encouragement, and prayer) or a text or email chain. The study has 10 lessons split into daily work along with a 30-45 minute video for each lesson. Commit this Spring to a deep study of the Word of God with fellow sisters in Christ. We would love to have you join us!
Your cost for the study guide is $12. Please contact the church office as soon as possible to sign up and order a book.
Registration is required for both studies so that we can send you the Zoom link and/or order the books.
We still have some books available at the church office and also have some recommendations for studies to work through or simply watch on RightNow Media if you prefer those. Read on for what's availalbe and recommended.
Bible Study Books
There are quite a few books available at the church left over from previous women’s studies. These are available on a first-come, first-serve basis, and all books are being made available at a reduced price of $10 each. Some of the books come with a DVD that you may borrow. Here are the options:
- The Mingling of Souls by Matt Chandler (3) – Videos on RightNow Media (see below)
- Be Rich: Ephesians by Warren Wiersbe (5)
- Letting Go of Perfect by Amy Spiegel (3)
- Loving God with All Your Mind by Elizabeth George (3) – DVD available
- Adorned by Nancy DeMoss Wohlgemuth (10)
- True Woman 101: Devine Design (3)
- True Woman 201: Interior Design (4) – DVD available
- Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin – not a Bible study, but a great book (4)
- The Bible in 90 Days – not a study but a great tool to read through the whole Bible in 90 days. It’s a worthwhile challenge, but it can be done! (5)
All of you have free access to RightNow Media if you wish, and they offer many great studies. If you need a new invitation for RightNow Media, contact Helena and she can get you set up. Here are some that we recommend for you.
- The Mingling of Souls by Matt Chandler. This marriage study on the Song of Solomon is 12 weeks long and is for married folks as well as the not-yet-married. Corresponding books available from the church at $10.
- How to Read Your Bible is a 6-session study, giving an overview of the Bible, the different types of books, etc., and teaches you how to intuitively study and apply the Word of God. Moms might want to consider doing this one with their tween and teen daughters.
- Get Out of Your Head is a study in Philippians by Jennie Allen and focuses on not letting our thoughts hold us captive, but controlling our thoughts and minds. Six sessions.
- Psalm 23 by Matt Chandler is a six session walk through this Psalm, and free downloadable handouts are included.
Email the church office or call 519-845-3386 if you have any questions.